View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2011, 09:10 PM   #508 (permalink)
AJP123

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlothi View Post
Some Tasker jargon for you: Profile and Task

There is a button for Task at the bottom. You can create a new Task here without creating a profile first. However, you eventually need a profile or a widget to activate the Task.

Tasker cannot have something occur prior to a calendar entry. This has been asked before. It can activate a profile when the calendar entry becomes active, but Tasker does not scan your calendar entry in advance to see what will happen in the future.

As you have figured out, Tasker only activates settings when the profile turns on. It does not maintain settings, and you can still manually change them at any time.

What you are asking is complicated and might not be possible. You can have Tasker do certain things in response to button presses but 1) you'd have to nest that inside your other profile, which is tricky and 2) I'm not sure Tasker will block or override the default action (volume increase) when you press the button.

However, you could set your profile to repeat every X minutes. In this case, if you accidentally hit the volume button Tasker will turn it off again whenever it repeats.

Did you read the User Guide on the website?
Thanks for that. I'll have a serious sit down and read the user guide in my uni break. Turns out I had all my profiles switched off - now I have my auto-wifi profile set on (). Is there any way of having a set alarm as a context?