View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2011, 12:59 AM   #520 (permalink)
Tumeg

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by toasty View Post
Would you mind sharing this one? Been wanting to do something like this as well, would be really helpful to use yours as a model...
CONTEXTS:
  • Time; 00:00 to 23:30 - repeating every hour.
  • [You can also have a context for battery life, so if your battery gets too low, it will stop checking the weather and what not]
TASKS
  • Variable -> Variable Set: Name: "%ZIPCODE" - Then in the "To" field, put in your zip code.
  • Net -> HTTP Get: Port="rss.accuweather.com/rss/liveweather_rss.asp?metric=1&locCode=%ZIPCODE"
  • Variable -> Split Variable: Name: "%HTTPD" - Splitter: "Currently:"
  • Tasker -> Stop: If: "%HTTPD2" is NOT SET
  • Variable -> Split Variable: Name: "%HTTPD2" - Splitter: ":"
  • Variable -> Variable Set: Name "%HTTPD21" To "Sunny" If "%HTTPD21 ~ *Sunny*" (make one of these tasks, for every weather type you intend to encounter. i.e "Sunny" "Rain" "Storm" "Cloudy" "Clear")
  • Variable -> Variable Set: Name "%HTTPD21" To "Default" If "%HTTPD21" does NOT equal "Sunny/Rain/Storm/Cloudy/Clear"
  • Variable -> Variable Set: Name "%HTTPD21" To "Night" If "%TIME > 20"
  • Display -> Set Wallpaper: Image "wallpapers/%HTTPD21.jpg"

To make this work, just have a folder in the root directory of your phone entitled "wallpapers" which will contain each of the wallpapers. Title each wallpaper with the corresponding weather that you have in your tasks (I believe it is case sensitive).
The "Default" one, just is a basic wallpaper that will be used, if none of the weather conditions are reached. The "Night" task\wallpaper, will be used after a certain time (In the tasks above, it will start at 8pm)

Original Source: http://tasker.wikidot.com/weather-dependent-background-image
Last edited by Tumeg; April 11th, 2011 at 01:02 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tumeg For This Useful Post:
CriticalCritic (April 11th, 2011), DanDroide (November 24th, 2011), meissen (September 6th, 2012), MickeyCee (April 17th, 2011), Simba501 (April 11th, 2011), toasty (April 11th, 2011), toolnumbr5 (July 11th, 2011), vosg (May 25th, 2011), wildrose (April 14th, 2011)