View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2011, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Aatos.1

Device(s): Captivate, Droid X, HTC Inspire, Nexus S, SGS II, Infuse 4G, with more on the way...
Carrier: Not Provided

Greetings and Welcome to the Forum!

I was a long time BB user as well so we have similar backgrounds.

Now I have several Android phones, (it's addictive) all on active lines. There is so much that one can do it's a lot of fun.

First, I compliment you for taking the right approach and asking, if more people did that in the beginning they would have a lot more fun with their phones and far fewer problems.

Here's my suggestion, spend some time exploring around here and reading up on Android, this forum alone has a tremendous amount of great learning resources.

Next, avoid downloading any apps that you do not absolutely have to have for a few days until you get used to your new phone. The phone you have chosen is a really great model and is outstanding right out of the box.

Do NOT download an App Killer. They are not needed for a phone like yours.

If you're not already using Evernote, it's a free app that you can keep notes, photos and other things in, and access it from any other device or computer you have. I will put a link at the bottom of this post. I use it daily and it's fantastic. They are constantly updating it, and it remains free.

Remember Google is your friend and using it with to search for specific issues that may come to mind, as well as posting your specific questions here, is a great way to go.

Right now when you are new the biggest favor you can do for yourself is to resist the urge to immediately start to modify your phone. What you want will change as you learn more about Android, so instead of getting into trouble , learn about the specific version of your OS.

Enjoy your new phone

Remember Everything | Evernote Corporation
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aatos.1 For This Useful Post:
McLabia (April 18th, 2011), MDeLiso (April 13th, 2011)