View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2011, 12:37 AM   #36 (permalink)
Phateless
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): MT4G w/CM7
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via AIM to Phateless HondaJosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulligan View Post
This was the first thread I came across in my journey to root my new Mytouch 4G phone. I've deleted all the apps on the OP's list, which also bugged the heck out of me, but can't seem to find a few that are constantly re-running themselves after being killed.

Dragon Dictation
News
Pico tts
NabService

I can't seem to find any of them in the /App folder and none of them seem to affect the phone when I manually stop them, but they are always running when I reboot. Pico must be part of the spiderweb of google services, and I have no use for Dragon Dictation or the "News" service. And I have no idea whatsoever what Nabservice does at all except take up memory. Does anyone know if these are named something different in the App folder?
Dragon Dictation is probably the keyboard. Pico is the speech to text (the voice for your navigation) and I dunno wtf NabService is. News is probably related to the "news" account and an available widget. Not sure what it's called.

I've been running cm7 for the past 4 months and love it. Much lighter, leaner and faster and I've actually found it to be less buggy than MySense.