Join Date: Sep 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 93 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Tumeg
Added on 04/07/11
Added on 04/09/11
- Battery Level : Adjusts random settings, depending on my battery level.
- Block Calls : When certain numbers call, tasker will answer\end the call (So it will stop ringing, and they won't get to my voicemail)
- Block Work Calls : When my work calls me (to ask if I can come in), I let it ring for 5 seconds before hanging up (5 seconds, so I have time to decide if I want to answer - and it does not send the call to voicemail).
- Change Wallpaper Based on Weather : Cool new profile I made today. It checks Accuweather, and when it sees certain keywords ("Rain" "Cloudy" "Sunny" "Clear") it will change my wallpaper, accordingly.
- Church : Silences my phone, makes my display not time-out, and opens my Bible app -- (Based on calendar events)
- School : Silences my phone during school (Based on calendar events)
- Find Phone (GPS) : When I text my phone a keyword, it will respond with the GPS coordinates, battery level, etc.
- Find Phone (GPS) P2 : When I text my phone another keyword (when my phone is stolen), it will play an alarm, lock the phone, will end any current calls, and will also leave the GPS on (so I can keep tracking it).
- Find Phone (Ring) : This is for when I lose my phone at home. I text it, it will play a ringtone.
- Face Down Silent : This is for the "Find Phone (Ring)" profile. When I find the phone, I just flip it over to turn off the ringtone\song
- GPS Turned On : Turns on the GPS when certain apps are opened
- Incoming Call Brightness : Turns my brightness to MAX, for 15 seconds. (Pointless)
- Charging : Random settings for when I am charging my phone
- Wifi Starter\Stopper : Two profiles that will turn on\of and connect wifi, accordingly (by determining my location via my network connection\location) (this has been combined with my "Home" profile)
Added on 04/13/11
- Work : When Tasker sees that my calendar says I am at work (this is easy to do because I have a part-time job, so I always post my shifts on my calendar), it will put my phone on vibrate - and force WiFi off, and will also lock my screen.
Added on 04/14/11
- Home : When I am home (It determines this by using my location, via the network connection) it will turn my volumes up. After 11pm, when the home profile is active, it will turn my phone to vibrate. [new: it also turns on my WiFi]
- Change Wallpaper - Timed : I have a set of 5 wallpapers (they are the same wallpapers, just different color), and they change\alternate every 20 minutes.
- Alarm : I have uninstalled Gentle Alarm, and replaced it with Tasker. Self explanatory profile. (*Altered this profile, so that it will only trigger if the phone is charging (I periodically will get up before the alarm will go off, and unplug the phone - forgetting that the alarm is still set*) (Rather dodgy when it came to actually triggering - missed a class due to the alarm\profile not sounding\activating. I am now using the stock HTC clock\alarm app)
- Silent Boot : This profile will silence my phone prior to turning off or restarting, which then silences the annoyingly loud boot-animation.
Added on 04/15/11
- Reminder - Trash : At 9pm every Wednesday night(repeating every 15 minutes) IF my "Home" profile is active, I get a pop-up reminding me to take out the trash. The pop-up also gives me an option to end the reminders if I have taken the trash out.
- Airplane Mode : If my cell signal drops too low, airplane mode will be triggered. Every 7 minutes, the profile will stop - if there is still low signal, the profile will be reactivated. (I am having a hard time getting this to work... It seems to randomly activate, even though my signal-strength variable context, is set to only activate when my signal drops below 25% - I will have a few bars of 4G, and this profile will activate)
- Headset : I finally got around to making this basic profile, that will open a menu containing Amazon MP3 (I have my music in the cloud) and Pandora, whenever I connect a headset.
- Applications - Games : When I launch any\all games, my media volume is set to 4 (what I almost ALWAYS set it to) (got rather annoying, and wasn't very useful)
- Applications - Games Night : When I launch any\all games between 11pm and 9am, the media volume is 0
- Applications - Music : When I launch any\all music playing applications, the media volume sets itself to 12
- Applications - Video : When I launch any\all video playing applications, the media volume sets itself to 9 - and autobrightness is forced.
- Charging - Home Night : When charging my phone at home (determined by "cell near"), from 12:30am-8:30am (basically when I am sleeping): all sounds are silenced, brightness is brought down, and auto-rotation is turned off (If I look at my phone while in bed, and while it's charging, the screen-rotation is always wacky)
- Charging - Not Home : When I am charging my phone NOT at home (determined by invert of "cell near"), all of my volumes are turned up (If I am not charging my phone at home, it will usually be charging somewhere AWAY from me - so I need the volumes up)
- Grandparent's : When I am at one of my grandparent's house (determined by "cell near"), the phone connects to their WiFi, and my ringer/notification/media volumes gets adjusted.
- Grandparent's Night : Same as above, just the volumes are on silent\vibrate
- Grandparent's (2) : When I am at my other grandparent's house (determined by "cell near"), the phone connects to their WiFi, and my ringer/notification/media volumes gets adjusted.
- Grandparent's Night (2) : Same as above, just the volumes are on silent\vibrate.
I love Tasker.
Updated my list (crossed out the profiles I no longer have\use, including my reasoning to ending their life).
Also should add\ask: My wallpaper changing profile (based on time, rather than weather) seems to randomly give me a solid black background.
It isn't like it just misses\fails at setting the next wallpaper, because on my lock screen the appropriate wallpaper is displayed, but when I unlock the phone and go to the homescreens - my wallpaper is black\nonexistent. Is this a problem with Tasker? Or is it my phone?