2.2 Update for T-Mo US is available
Bah! No wi-fi hotspot.
A few additions to the OS though. What I've found so far:
- (3) home screen Profiles: Home, Work, and Weekend
- Settings menu has a "Drive Smart" menu (auto settings for BT, volume, call fwd, etc, when sense phone is "moving in car"?
- Peer to peer menu (channel selector) in Advanced Wi-Fi settings (hotspot?)
- In pocket detection - locks your device automatically when inserted in pocket (new?)
- App called "Lookout" phone backup, loss recovery, etc...I deleted, didn't know what it was
- menu fonts look different, but no color icons like with the HTC phones
- new apps: T-Mobile TV, UNO, Tasks, Slacker(? I don't think I installed on my own), and Doh! 3G Mobile hotspot (iin app drawer)
- Battery Manager...is different
Update: It seems like I lost the ability to manage the system notification sound (Disconnect from charger beep, etc). I also can't enable the simple screen lock, even though it appears briefly when waking the phone.