April 22nd, 2011, 09:03 PM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tumeg
Added on 04/13/11
Added on 04/14/11
- Silent Boot : This profile will silence my phone prior to turning off or restarting, which then silences the annoyingly loud boot-animation.
- Reminder - Trash : At 9pm every Wednesday night(repeating every 15 minutes) IF my "Home" profile is active, I get a pop-up reminding me to take out the trash. The pop-up also gives me an option to end the reminders if I have taken the trash out.
I love Tasker.
Couple of questions about the above profiles
- I tried making my own silent boot mode, which I used two profiles for.
- The first one was the shutdown profile, which has:
CONTEXT - Device Shutdown
TASK - Silent (Vibrate) [could also use Silent (No Vibrate), wouldn't make much of a difference, although thinking about it, Silent (No Vibrate) might eliminate the phone's tendancy to vibrate 10 seconds after switching it off].
However, this doesn't seem to work. The phone (Samsung Galaxy S) still makes its turn-off noise when you turn it off. However, when I turn the phone back on, the phone is THEN in silent mode. Do I need the context to occur at some event before turn-off? Or is it a problem with the handset itself? What do you use, Tumeg?
- The second one was the boot-up profile, which has:
CONTEXT - Device Boot
TASK - Silent (End)
This works fine. It takes a while to activate (a minute after boot-up), but after that, I'm not on silent anymore
- Can you sync tasker with a To-Do List app? That'd be awesome!!
One more question:
- I'd like to create an alarm using Tasker similar to the one found here. The standard tasker alarm found at the link works fine. However, I'd like to tweak it so that the snooze interval changes each time, choosing from a random time interval between 1 minute and 1 hour. Does Tasker have random number generators? Also, any chance of choosing a random track from my music library each time?
God bless =)
Last edited by AJP123; April 22nd, 2011 at 09:39 PM.