View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2011, 10:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Aardvark1971
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Viewsonic G-Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphtrent View Post
These look really cool, but I am completely lost on how to apply/create the theme. Im pretty good at the adb stuff, but not this.

I have downloaded theme1.zip, ADW Launcher, Desktop Visualizer and Smart Shortcuts.

Can you offer any links or steps on what to do next?

Thanks,
RT
Thanks! Just looking into making a video on my G-tablet and if I'm able too I'll post a video on youtube, possibly within the next couple of days!

In the meantime, the zip just contains pictures that will be the core of the theme, ie: we'll arrange the pictures on the screen and then create buttons out of them, to launch an application or folder, very much like a windows shortcut, but prettier and cool looking!

So I'd suggest installing ADW Launcher, Desktop Visualizer and Smart Shortcuts and then switching to ADW Launcher as your default G-tablet launcher, play with Desktop Visualizer and see that it is just a widget maker from whatever picture you like, and you can make that launch a game or similar, try doing that with say Angry Birds, then as by default the g-tab is a bit limited in the way you can launch things we use Smart Shortcuts to add extra functions, like if you want to link directly to your wifi settings with smart shortcuts you can!

Have a play and see what you can come up with, while I prep a video!

Thanks for the feedback too!