View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2011, 04:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Evulution

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caloy View Post
I disagree, I think 3G is fast enough for most internet applications, maybe a few exceptions like HQ YouTube videos, downloading huge files, etc. Most other applications like Pandora, Navigation, browsing the internet, finding information are all fine with 3G speeds. I find that with this applications, there is little if any difference with wifi.

On the other hand, games like Pocket Legends would benefit from wifi's quicker latency times.

4G speeds is over hyped, most of the time you won't notice the difference and 4G draws a lot more juice from the batteries. I can honestly say that I use 4G less than 1% of the time. Go figure.

As for the OP, if he truly can't get decent 3G coverage where he's at, then I don't blame him switching carriers.

Peace!
There is a huge difference in speed between 3G and 4G. I don't know what they are doing with your 4G where you live or how many people you have on Sprint's 4G network but the speeds between 3G/4G are huge. I live in Abilene, TX and we have 4G. They have made some huge changes to the 4G network since I had to depart the city for 6 months. If I want to download something quick while in my car I turn to 4G ALWAYS. I really don't care about how much battery 4G drains because I have a car charger. That's what chargers are there for. If my phone is in my car the aux input is plugged in and so is the car charger. My phone holds all the music for both of my vehicles.
The Following User Says Thank You to Evulution For This Useful Post:
star2011 (June 12th, 2011)