Didn't use the Root Explorer-move method mentioned above, but used Bloat Freezer
to freeze the apps instead.
As of now, my MT4G is perm-rooted and still running on stock ROM.
I may seem a bit overly aggressive, but I'm curious.
Also, this list has worked for me for the past week on my phone, no guarantee on others. Please use caution and advice from OP.
Here's the list:
- Barcode Scanner *redundant coz of Google Goggles*
- Bookmark widget
- Magic Smoke Wallpapers
- Mail (com.htc.android.mail) *I use GMail exclusively*
- Mail Widget
- Music Visualization Wallpapers
- PhotoBackup (com.tmobile.photobackup)
- Screen Share
- Visual Voicemail
And then here's more that are possibly waiting for a disaster to happen (although so far so good):
- Internet *I use Dolphin HD and Opera Mini exclusively*
Only drawback: disables Themes under Settings/Personalize. In my case, I simply defrost it if I want to change themes.
- Genius Button (com.nuance.android.vsuite.vsuiteapp) *2 things to notice*
1. I remapped the physical Genius Button using Root Explorer.
2. Upon freezing the Genius Button, vsuiteapp will go nuts and foce close non-stop. After a simple battery pull, Genius Button is never to be seen again.
Freezing Internet will cause Voice Search to force close. Once frozen, defrosting Internet will cause "UID inconsistent" error.
So, all is well if you freeze Internet, except you will give up Voice Search as well.