View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2011, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Spacekungfuman
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks for the helpful post. I especially appreciate that you did not have a facebook widget (it seems to me like that's all people tend to care about, and social networks just don't appeal to me).

I can definitely see the appeal in some of those, especially the power strip widget. The only problem I see is that it doesn't make it as easy to get to apps, and you have to swipe through multiple screens, vs just clicking the weather channel app on the home screen. I'm not saying one way is better than the other, its just tradeoffs. Also, can't it leave you forever tweaking them? On my old windows mobile phones, I used to spend more time playing with the interface than using the phone! That was why i moved to the pre, which I liked a lot, although it did not have enough apps.

Now that my nook color has an app store, maybe I'll have more of a chance to experience android and feel it out. But its nice to hear some concrete reasons for people liking it instead of just "It's open" or "you can pirate the apps" which are the two things I hear the most irl.