View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2011, 02:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Spacekungfuman
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
I'm not a gamer, but I've heard nothing but good things on games on the iPhone. When you design for a large audience with one screen/form factor/hardware, like they do for the iP4, they can concentrate on getting the most out of the platform, and from what I've read, Apple makes it easier for devs to do that.

That said - the Sony Experia Play might be of interest to you:

Introducing Xperia PLAY - the world's first PlayStation certified smartphone | Sony Ericsson

Or - you can break out of the whole game-on-phone thing and consider HTC OnLive -

YouTube - [MWC11] OnLive Provides Cloud Gaming on HTC Flyer

That's kinda new to HTC, so I don't know more about it.

True that the higher-performance phones seem more geared towards 4" and above - but as a pocket carry, neither my daughter nor I found a big woop difference between carrying my Evo vs. carrying her iP4 - so, the importance of that is all subjective, in my opinion, so I won't presume to advise.
The Xperia Play is the closest I came to getting an android phone since the hero on sprint, but in the end, the fact that it won't work on my email server at work, coupled with the comparitively weak hardware vs the new dual core phones, scuttled the idea.

I was not aware that onlive had launched for a phone. That is very cool, although I suspect it is very bandwidth dependent. But if that is an example of what the future holds for android, the future looks very bright!