View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
lunatic59
Moderati ergo sum

Device(s): Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1, Nook Color, Asus Transformer T-1
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 13,437 Times in 7,353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacekungfuman View Post
I've been thinking about trying it. Right now, I use it 99% of the time to read, but I also use it as a secondary tablet for web browsing if my wife steals my ipad 2

If I root, will it still look like the nook, or would it look like a tablet? I really love the design and functionality of the device, and would not want to mess with it, although I would not mind being able to toggle an alternate home screen with apps. . .
One of the nice things about AutoNooter (easiest way to root your Nook) is that it leaves your Nook pretty much set up for reading. It will add gmail and the market as well as softkeys (because the Nook has only the one button) and superuser, but that's about it. The only reason I rooted in the first place was to put the Kindle app on there for my wife. The thing is, I wouldn't let her have mine because I read quite a lot, so we had to go get her one of her own. Come Summer I fear we will be getting one for the boy, too.

I unrooted my Nook to check out the update because I wanted to see how it handles Flash and what they were going to try with the B&N app store. While Flash is nice to have, if they soon don't update AutoNooter to 2.2, I think I'm going back to rooted 2.1.

No Ivory-Billed Woodpeckers were harmed in the composition of this message.