View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #107 (permalink)
noeliazoe

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thumbs down

This is an update for the post I did earlier about Sprint-Google voice integration and Groove IP functionality. Well I played for a while with Groove IP using my sprint number as the google voice number. It worked. But I noticed that when the Groove IP app wasnt actived I would not recieve any calls. The problem is that I have to select forward calls to Google Chat only in order for Groove IP to work, and since my sprint and google voice number where the same if I do not select the option forward calls to my sprint number (even though they were the same number) when not using GrooveIP, I will not be receiving any calls to my phone. So every time I would like to not use GrooveIP I would have to connect online and change the googlevoice settings in order to receive the calls directly to my sprint number. It is too much trouble.

Another thing I notice is that everytime I exited the GrooveIP app and later started it again, my contacts would receive an email inviting them to use google services. One of my contacts notified me that he received 17 emails from my email address just in one hour, the same email everytime. Apparently the app does it automatically and its very annoying. I dont want to overload my friends emails with requests. I dont know if the developer is aware of this, but he should take a look in to it.

So my effort to be able to receive calls through WiFi in my home, where I dont have any sprint signal, was a total waste of time. I decided to definitely not use the app, so I wasted $3.99.