View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Netorino

Device(s): X10 Mini Pro
Carrier: Not Provided

That ROM is 2.3 yes, but is not complete so if you want a fully working one...
I highly recommend to check this:
[ROM] Cyanogen Froyo CM6-Latest (based on MiniCM/CM6v2) - v2.0 + DualTouch - xda-developers

As far as I've used it, it works great. The only bug I've found (and quite known) is that official album/gallery from camera/video force closes, so you have to use another included gallery. Oh also people report FM radio but I don't use it anyway.

Plus dual touch was added today and it works almost flawlessly, much better than nothing and games that need 2 touches work amazing.

The link includes a very quick "installation guide" because most people there already know what to do.

Things to do before if you haven't done anything like that before:
1. Back up everything you can with no other tools (I did that just incase I screwed something).
2. Root it.
3. Get root explorer so you can put xRecovery files later.
4. Get xRecovery files and install it.
5. Make a backup of your system in xRecovery (save this so you can restore if anything comes up).
6. Install the ROM thru xRecovery.

The first few steps take more inside steps but just giving some headlines so you can look for stuff easier.
xda is the best place to mod your phones.

Warning: This will void your warranty and I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. I lost my warranty too heh. Also if you're not completely sure of doing something, look a bit more about it before jumping into it.