PLEASE NO LINKING OF THESE DOWNLOAD LINKS OR REHOSTING!!! Please direct users to this thread!!!!
This thread is an all in one recovery thread.
1. You must have a rooted device
2. Adb setup on computer (terminal on phone can be used in place of adb but adb is preferred)
LG Ally (aloha)
LG Optimus S
LG Optimus V
LG Optimus M
LG Chic (alessi)
LG Optimus P500, Optimus T P509 (thunderg)
HTC Droid Incredible See link here Xda
LG Shine Plus
HTC Incredible2 (vivow)
HTC Rezound (vigor)
HTC Merge (lexikon)
HTC Thunderbolt (mecha)
HTC EVO 4G (supersonic)
Updates for 3.06:
Recovery and some binaries are recompiled for arm6-vfp or armv7a-neon which on most devices gives a notable increase in speed.
Added gui ability to restore clockwork mod 3x, 4x, & 5x backups.
Added the developer menu: see below for many new features.
Lg devices I figured out the kernel api to reset the FACT_RESET_3 from doing a privacy wipe. This mode will automatically be checked & reset to FACT_RESET_6 so you will not get stuck in recovery.
Added ability to wipe /system & /sdcard
Key mapping on aloha & shine plus now use Vol-up & Vol-dn power and back so keyboard is no longer used.
Removed battery % check from nandroid.
Want to submit a new device see thread here : How to submit a new device for recovery creation
ADB as root user
USB-MS Toggle :mounts sdcard as mass storage
Nand Backup : Select Items to backup with the [X]
Nand Restore : browse to and select nandroid backup to restore
Nand Restore Clockwork : browse to and restore cwn backup
As of 2.2.1 sd-ext is backed up as whole so link2sd users should work fine
Flash Zip From Sdcard: Update.zip must be in root of sdcard or you can directory browse. (Fixed dir-browsing)
Toggle Signature Verify : Turn of signature checking on flashing zips
Wipe data/factory reset: wipes all
Wipe Dalvik cache : Wipes Dalvik cache in all possible locations if moved by apps2sd
Wipe SD:ext : Wipes Apps2sd ext partition
Wipe Battery Stats
Wipe rotate settings
Wipe data only
Wipe .android secure : Wipes froyo native .android_secure on sdcard
Partition SD: Partition's sdcard for apps2sd (this formats card so all non backed-up data is lost)
SD:ext2 to ext3 : coverts apps2sd ext2 partition to ext3
SD:ext3 to ext4 : same as above but ext3 to ext4 (requires kernel support for ext4 which all but shine have)
Gui mounts to avoid typing in terminal to mount and cd into a dir to mount system, data, cache, sd-ext (if exists), sdcard
Move recovery log to SD
Key Test : Output keycodes for debugging recovery
Check Battery Lvl
Make and flash boot from zimage : This makes a mkboot folder on sdcard and mounts sdcard as mass storage then you copy a zImage and kernel modules into this folder and it will create a new boot like anykernel and flash it.
Install su & superuser: Installs or fixes su & superuser install (removes old if exists)
Install eng (unguarded) su: Installs engineering su that doesn't use superuser (removes old su & superuser if exists)
Reboot to bootloader: reboots to bootloader/hboot
Reboot recovery : reboots phone back into recovery
I have included flash_eraseall binary to recovery which can be used to fix/erase corrupted partitions that will not mount correctly to nandroid restore to.
Useage from adb shell is : flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd4 (where mtd4 is the number of the partition from "adb shell cat /proc/mtd" you want to erase)
1. Use option under Other menu to move recovery log to sd. Mount your sdcard to pc and read that file called recovery.log. It should have detailed cause of error.
2. If you get an out of memory error reboot device and do it on a fresh reboot.
3. If you get a file not found on the "mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak" skip it and move to the next step as this file will not be in your rom unless it has recieved an ota-update and if so needs to be disabled.
4. Permission denied means you are not root user (#)
5. If rebooting into recovery you get a little android guy with a ! and does not look like picture above you still have stock recovery and did not remove the install-recovery.sh.
6. You did check the md5sum for a match before flashing correct?
Please check all the above issues before posting. This is the format I request to be used for troubleshooting.
Recovery Version :
Please upload the recovery.log AS AN ATTACHMENT that you moved to sdcard and read. Posts without this log will be ignored!!!
Please no PM's!!!!!
Device system paths:
Optimus M: /dev/block/mtdblock5
Optimus V: /dev/block/mtdblock5
Optimus S: /dev/block/mtdblock5
Optimus P500/Optimus T: /dev/block/mtdblock1
Shine Plus: /dev/block/mtdblock1
Optimus C: /dev/block/mtdblock5
Directions to flash recovery:
UPDATED Easy install via script:
MUST BE ALREADY ROOTED:
1. Download and unzip recoveryflash.zip
onto sdcard. You should have a folder called recoveryflash on sdcard after unzipping.
2. Place the recovery.img you downloaded in this folder in /sdcard/recoveryflash and then turn off sdcard as mass storage . (Do not rename the recovery.img from the download)
3. Reboot phone and wait for sdcard to mount (about 5 - 10 seconds) after you see home screen.
4. Become root user in abd shell or terminal emulator with command without quotes "su" & you should have a # prompt
5. Enter these commands in terminal emulator or adb shell # prompt one at a time and press enter after each line. If anyone has trouble with the 1st line you can also use a root enabled explorer like root explorer or estrongs and copy/paste the recoveryflash.sh into /data/local and then start with the 2nd line.
cat /sdcard/recoveryflash/recoveryflash.sh > /data/local/recoveryflash.sh
chmod 0755 /data/local/recoveryflash.sh
6. It will automatically install & reboot you into new recovery. Using the script above your old recovery.img was copied to /sdcard/dump-recovery.img. If you had the stock recovery copy that file to a safe place as running the script again will overwrite it.
Old manual way:
Download your device specific recovery and check md5sum for a match before flashing. Download flash_image.zip and unzip it to root of your sdcard. (Not in any folder)
Copy your devices recovery.img to root of sdcard.
Below can be done via adb shell or terminal emulator on phone via root # shell not a $ shell
Note do not type the # or $ as they are for reference only!
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 (your device /system path) /system
# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/(your device recovery.img name)
Example for LG Ally above would be:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
Device specific recovery keys:
Key mapping for Optimus Line & Vortex:
Move up & down = Vol-up & Vol-down
Select = Menu
Backup = Back
Boot recovery from device off: Vol-down + Home + Power and release at LG logo.
Chic(alessi): Vol-up + Vol-down + Power
LG Ally & LG Shine Plus:
Move up & down = Up & down on sliding keyboard | vol-up & vol-dn on 3.06
Select = Enter on keyboard | Power on 3.06
Backup = Vol-down | back on 3.06
Boot recovery Ally: Send + Menu + Power
Boot recovery Shine Plus: Vol-down + Home + Power
There is no known way to boot recovery from device powered off. To enter recovery its adb reboot recovery or use many of the apps from market to reboot into recovery. This means that if you flash a bad rom or boot.img you cannot enter recovery to fix and will have to get a new phone. Be carefull!!! You have been warned.
Adb reboot recovery can also be used to boot custom recovery on most devices.
Do not flash a radio.img
Source for recovery & recovery kernels My Github
Thanks to :
Amon_Ra for his awesome source and a few pointers. His original Source Link
Buy him a redbull
Worstenbrood's desire recovery Link
My many testers (too many to name one by one)
MD5's for 2.2.1:
MD5's for 3.06:
-old for 2.2.1
Download Link 3.06
Donation link to Buy me an Energy Drink is below:
Contact me on twitter @getitnowmarket