View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2011, 11:41 PM   #33 (permalink)
DsyMnapTic

Device(s): Optimus VM696 running: (phenomx4/CM9 alpha)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wait4It View Post
I have a question about a couple of apps that constantly show up in the running applications for no apparent reason. Namely Firmware Update and GTalkService. Is it right that Firmware Update starts itself and runs constantly when there is no Update happening? Is it just listening and needs to be ready for a update whenever that may be?

GTalkService does basically the same thing even though I never use the Talk App. Whats up with that? Thanks,
Allright, my friend, as far as I know, these are system apps, some will show as running and some may not. You can chose to close these particular ones if you like, but they'll most likely keep running in the background anyhow. As many will tell you, I wouldn't go with any Task killing apps.....Just a suggestion if you don't mind changing launchers, GOlauncher EX has a built in task manager that shows you everything that's running and allows you to close it from within your app drawer. Otherwise someone else may have a better selection for an app you can use.