Thread: General Leaked Spec Sheet
View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2011, 09:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
SirKronan

Device(s): Droid Eris, Droid X, Fascinate (Galaxy S), LTE Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
Agreed. It is really a false qHD, since like the amoled display tech, a significant portion of pixels are not active during operation. Such tech and resolution specs borders on false advertisement, as a result, since the display has the pixels, but the tech that turns the pixels on does not use them all.
You're right, of course, but that's not even my biggest complaint on the Atrix screen! I'm used to the pentile effect somewhat from owning a Fascinate since about a week after its release date. In fact, the pentile is a little less pronounced because of the higher resolution of qHD screens. The Atrix screen, pentile aside, just plain SUCKS. Its viewing angles, contrast, and color reproduction pale compared to HTC's new SuperLCD on the Thunderbolt. I was extremely disappointed with the screen when I did my comparative testing with the Atrix.

And because of scaling issues, which will eventually (hopefully) be addressed with software updates, many apps seemed laggy. Apps should NEVER seem laggy on a DUAL CORE TEGRA. qHD is not yet the bundle of roses spec pushing marketeers would like us to believe it is. Don't fall for it, folks.