View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
sikclown

Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullbussa View Post
Well, let's define heavy usage. This is my average daily usage in that time frame. Perhaps this is more "medium" usage than heavy?

~30 minutes of web browsing
~30 minute phone call
20 texts sent/20 texts received
40-50 minutes of internet radio streaming

Because I do this every day with my iPhone and when I get home @ 5:30pm I still usually have between 40-45% battery life remaining.
I use about 2 hours of phone calls per day if not more, maybe 60-100 texts (total on send and receive), random web browsing, market downloads, google searches (maybe about an hour all told). Then after work random phone calls and texts. I unplug at 7:30 AM and I generally plug in around midnight with anywhere from 30%to 10% battery left depending. I keep GPS disabled and always on internet unchecked. Whenever I am at home or the office I am on WiFi. We have unofficial 4g here in downtown New Orleans and most days I will use about an hour of that at the gym watching a movie streamed from my house using PlayOn. Somedays I do eat through my battery like it is nothing and I would bet you could do the same with the iPhone 4 (which all my friends complain has terrible battery life and very few tweaks to make it any better) but for the most part my phone gives me enough juice to last as long as I do in a day (from waking up to sleeping). I am not rooted and do not use task killers (pointless for any 2.0 and above Androids regardless of what any proponents say).
The Following User Says Thank You to sikclown For This Useful Post:
kct1975 (August 15th, 2012)