1. Regarding the inability to complete the installation - the only way to activate your Beta version is to wait for our invitation email. The order of sending the emails is first-subscribe first-get. There is a queue of a few tens of thousands of users (!) so please be patient - you will get the invitation email eventually and be able to complete the installation.
2. Viber is completely free.
For now, Viber's focus is on adding platforms, adding features (such as text messages) and improving overall system performance. At the same time, we are working on additional future premium services that will generate revenues. The basic Viber service - Viber to Viber phone calls and text messages - will ALWAYS be free.
Further, I’d like to reiterate the five commitments we made when we launched the company:
1. The Viber software will always be free.
2. Viber for iPhone (and soon Viber for Android) will never display any ads.
3. Viber to Viber calls will always be free.
4. Viber to Viber text messages (coming soon) will always be free.
5. We will never sell, rent or in any other way abuse your personal information.
If you have any more questions/doubts - I'm here