View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #70 (permalink)
BigMamma

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Actually having an Evo ill just say this.. most of the time when you see people claim to have crazy long battery life its mainly because they dont use half of the features of the phone. Like disabling background data, 4g, not using facebook, twitter, etc. I dont care what type of method you use, if you actually USE the phone and all of the features itd be dead by noon without a charge. And this is coming from someone that actually uses one of the SBC kernels. Battery life is simply terrible unless youre not using it to its potential.

They most definitely need to have that in order with the 3D.
I don't disable background data. Doing that doesn't really help with the battery, depending upon what apps you have loaded on your phone and if you keep 3G, 4G, or Wifi on all the time. Who walks around with 4G on all day long? Do you drive with your lights on during the daytime? Why would you leave a radio on that you are not using? If that's the case, keep all your apps open too. I don't use facebook or twitter because those things are just fads. What happened to Myspace? Yeah, what...who. If I want to talk to communicate with someone I will send them a text, shoot them an email, or just call them. Don't need a social networking site to do those things.