Alright I'm about to give up... I have a low-grade level 10 Venom GT and am trying to earn money for its upgrades via drivers battles; not fast enough for face-to-face yet.
Although I have NO idea how to launch these things.
Someone somewhere suggested:
1) Achieve perfect launch
2) Immediately shift to second and ride it out to a perfect shift to 3rd
3) Hit nitrous after shifting into 3rd
Used this for a bit but identical Venoms were still leaving me in the dust at launch.
Then I tried:
1) Achieve a perfect launch
2) Shift immediately into second
3) Shift early into 3rd at 4k rpm
4) Wait for nitrous until just before redline, where traction is usually gained
5) Perfect shift remaining gears
While this is slightly better than the previous method, I still get slaughtered by opponents at launch.
Would someone please help me with these shift points? I am ridiculously frustrated.