View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:29 AM   #66 (permalink)
SirKronan

Device(s): Droid Eris, Droid X, Fascinate (Galaxy S), LTE Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Kings 9:20 View Post
Until June 2012 at which time I am eligible- will go to iPhone- i will miss google Navi, but i will get mapquest turn by turn as a free iPhone app.

This latest debacle with 2.2 is the final straw. I like Android and some features but it is too big for it's own britches. My colleagues at work with iphones love it without the excuses I have to come up with- Right now I am using a friend's wife's old Blackberry until my Fascinate is factory re-set after attempting a 2.2 upgrade that failed and bricked the phone (stock, unrooted).
I don't know if I could go back to an iDevice after owning a Fascinate ... even with the long wait for 2.2 it's been one heck of a fun device. The screen is simply unmatched for video and photo playback, as well as viewing angles and daylight visibility. Of course the new "plus" will be even better w/o pentile. I realize the iPhone's screen is still the highest resolution, but that resolution only benefits you in select situations, such as reading eBooks. And I don't know if I could give up google maps ...