View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2011, 03:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Talderon
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via Skype™ to Talderon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloweOS View Post
Hello,

I have Cyanogenmod7 running from the SD card on my WinMo6.5 HTC HD2. I really want to leave WinMo there in the background so if I manage to break my Android version I can always fall back to WinMo to make emergency calls.

My primary reason for using Android was because I really wanted a bluetooth mouse / keyboard on my phone (something BlueInput just can't get right reliably on either OS). However I heard CyanogenMod6 had this HID interface. So I installed a build of CM7 (that is really good) and assumed it would have this HID in it as well - however it doesn't.

After googling around I found this [REQUEST] CM7 Mouse Pointer - CyanogenMod Forum - Page 5 which would appear to fix this. However since I am not using a flashed version of Android, I don't know how (or even if I can) apply this patch to my build.

I would just find a CM6 good build, but most of those have limitations (usually around the battery usage area) but this CM7 build has worked fine for me for about a month now.

So to summarise, is it possible to use something like CWM recovery to flash the ROM with an update - will it flash the ROM it is running from, or more likely the hardware ROM?

Is there a way to flash an SD build?

Are there CM7 ROMs with the bluetooth HID and visible pointer?

Many thanks.

Wonders if the definition of ROM has lost all meaning.
Link to me the version of the ROM you are running and I will see if I can merge these changes for you and get you a new ZIP that you can use with this support.

The zip file update includes and updated Kernel and Module libraries so they will have to all be merged in correctly to work right.

Thanks!
Have a good time and help others when you can!
(otherwise the mean android ghost will come and underclock and overvolt your phone!!)