View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2011, 11:42 PM   #49 (permalink)
dylo22
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
The difference is that we all watched what became of Barry Bonds. Within a few short years, he was this hulking monster. Can't say the same about Lance. All I'm saying is that I want some proof that he actually did it. For all we know, these could be some disgruntled and spiteful ex-teammates of his.
Well in that case, then we should put Bonds on the list. I mean we don't have prove right? Remember Bonds took straight up steroids which has a more noticeable effect. Lance was accused of blood doping which is an endurance enhancing drug that isn't physically noticeable. In either case, it is still cheating.

My problem with Lance is, why are there suspicion in the first place? If he really did what he did by his own talent and skill, then there shouldn't be any accusations. I mean nobody ever accused Gretzky, Jordan or Federer for taking PEDs.

Now in Lance's defense, I do think that most of the top cyclists were taking some sort of peds. Cycling is just as dirty as baseball was a few years ago. The difference is, the stuff they take are much harder to detect.