View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2011, 05:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
awanone
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Felxiview FV-1 HTC Evo 3D Superpad 3 flytouch 3
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via Skype™ to awanone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice C View Post
Many thx,Awanone,for explaining how to resolve the keyboard problem.
Nowadays most families have a couple of computers at home. In my bedroom all I need is access to the internet, doing emails. occasionally i may need office software. I have never used android but i understand these functions are all taken care of. But you remind me of the limitation on skype, which i recently found to be a powerful way of communicating with my overseas family members. However this does not pose a problem for me as i can readily use my other PCs for this particular function. As far as i know this device has a samsung chip known as PV210, which performs quite well.

BTW how do you expand the storage as the built in harddisk is unlikely to be enough? are there two usb ports, i probably need one for the keyboard/mouse and another one for external memory?
yes it is very true we are a family of 4 and have 6 web enabled devices and both my kids are under 8 years :-). yup this unit is perfect for the use you have in mind , now i am also thinking of buying another one to install in my room well for that i have to upgrade my internet connection to 100 mbps i guess :-) i am one heavy user of net.

dont worry about the space this unit actually has three usb connections two in front for keyboard & stuff and one at back for portable HD connection i actually don't have any portable HD else i would test it for you but at least that's what the manual says , and to top it off it has on the right side of the unit a SD card slot which can according to manual take upto 32 GB card size but a word of caution format the SD card in FAT and not NTFS or FAT32 it wont be recognized by the system. performance wise i don't have any issues so far it is a well built system. hope this helps

for Skype you can still do IM chat but no voice /video chat at the time , i guess this will improve over due time as the system evolves