View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2011, 03:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
bamhm182

Device(s): Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Not Provided

I second gabbott's suggestion. Dolphin HD, apart from being an awesome browser on its own, has a LastPass plugin. There's also a LastPass keyboard, but I haven't quite figured out how to use it yet... To be fair though, I haven't really tried to figure out how to use it since Dolphin has such nice integration with LastPass.

As for Xmarks, I'd like something to sync the bookmarks between my Android and Chrome on my desktops, so I'll look into that now.

EDIT: You can also download an XMarks plugin for Chrome. Here's some QR codes, click on them and it'll take you to the computer version of the downloads you'll need:

Dolphin HD:

XMarks Plugin:

LastPass Plugin:

EDIT 2: LastPass works great for me, but XMarks isn't wanting to work. I'm looking into it now, but if anyone knows why it's not syncing any of my bookmarks, and how to fix it, I'd appreciate the tip. I'll post if I get it. It might be because I'm on the beta...

EDIT 3: So after messing around with it for a while, I have a few pieces of information.
1. The XMarks standalone application can sync one folder with your browser. I already had an Electronics>Android folder, so I added another folder called "Android Bookmarks" to that folder. This is where I'm going to be keeping my Android bookmarks until the following points I'm going to make happen.
2. The current version of Dolphin on the Market doesn't support bookmarks in its folders. The beta does, but it's not supported by the Dolphin plugin yet. Makes sense. Hopefully XMarks will get on that quickly and either A. Release a beta plugin or B. update the plugin after Dolphin is officially released.
3. If you open the XMarks app, you can view all your bookmarks. Then you can click on them and open them up in your browser of choice. Not ideal, but it works...
Last edited by bamhm182; May 22nd, 2011 at 08:29 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bamhm182 For This Useful Post:
Markedwards (May 23rd, 2011), mted558 (May 23rd, 2011)