View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2011, 02:04 AM   #52 (permalink)
dylo22
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by saps View Post
Only the undereducated are naive enough to think that PED's don't or didn't transcend most sports including things like golf and tennis. Where again only the undereducated fail to see how and why they would be used.
Tennis...eh....maybe. Golf? That's a stretch. You seriously think phil michelson, anthony kim, lee westwood are juicing up? Golf is a mental game more than a physical one. Even if one do juice up, it would only help with driving and that only a small part of the game.

Quote:
But still I return to the point of indifference on the subject. Since virtually everyone was doing it, to me the playing field was/is level.
That's a very big assumption. Even though I think cycling is a dirty sport, that doesn't mean there aren't any cyclists who are clean and can compete at a high level.

Quote:
We must remember the purpose of professional sports/games/athletics is to win. That's all that matters. If you can gain a competitive edge thru any means you do. Whether its thru equipment, a better car, a better club, a better racket or thru personal enhancement you gotta do what you gotta do. Across sports guys/teams are always bending the rules till they break. If you don't push the envelope then [here's a play on words for ya] you are cheating yourself.
I understand why athelete try to gain competitive advantage. It's just apart of sports...in fact it's apart of competition in general. I don't have a problem with that. What I do have problem with are those that try to gain competitive advantage by breaking rules. Even with equipments there are regulations. You can't use anything you want. The equipment has to fall within some boundary.
Last edited by dylo22; May 24th, 2011 at 02:06 AM.