View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2010, 10:01 AM   #56 (permalink)
Crash27

Device(s): -Samsung Galaxy SIV -Samsung Galaxy SIII -Samsung Galaxy SII X -Samsung Galaxy Ace II X
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via MSN to Crash27 the.hobbit.32@gmail.com

Yes I too am waiting patiently for some type of resolution to the Android 1.5 issue. I purchased my new LG Eve 2 weeks ago and I must say it is a beautiful phone, it has every feature I wanted in a cell phone. I myself went through 2 days of research looking at phones trying to pick one that I thought would benefit me the most. There are a lot of nice phones out there but for me it was a toss up between the Blackberry 9700 or the LG Eve and after reading the forums about the Android OS issue and no updates for the Eve I left my final design to Rogers. I called and talked to a Sales agent about the new LG Eve and he himself praised the phone, he said it was going to be a very popular phone with the new Google OS on it, I asked him about the issue with updates and if they are going to be coming out for it and I was told "Yes" he stated that it was still a new phone and I would have to wait for it to have updates and when I asked about the 1.5 OS and how the other phones are already running 1.6 & 2.0 his remark was "Yes there will be updates but it takes time" He then went on and said that there is soon going to be the Rogers Android Account Application and I am still waiting for that. I hope that Rogers can resolve this issue for I do not understand what the hold up is. It's not like it is going to cost them millions of dollars, in the long run it is going to improve their customer satisfaction and bring more business there way for they will be showing they care about their customers and provide excellent support for their products. But if there is no update soon I will be calling in and demanding that they give me an upgrade to a different phone with no additional costs. But I hope it doesn't come to that for I want to keep my Eve but not if there is no option for improvement.