View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2010, 10:03 AM   #57 (permalink)
puleen
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Captivate / Google Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

puleen

I have fired off another email to Sheryl from LG to provide some more clarification on unanswered questions. Email body below:

Quote:
Hi Sheryl,

Hope you had a good weekend. Thank you for responding so quickly to my email last week.

It was brought to my attention that close to 10 new android phones will be made available by LG for consumers. This is great news, as the Android platform picks up speed and more carriers and manufacturers are starting to support the platform.
In addition to OS upgrades for the Eve, a lot of us are curious as to what plans LG has to support and provide OS updates to these upcoming devices? Are Android OS upgrades for these 10+ phones going to be released on a timely manner by LG, or are these updates going to be provided by Google. Moreover, are these updates going to be made available Over The Air (OTA) or will they need to be downloaded from LG's website?

Currently a lot of mystery revolves around these types of questions and we look to LG in providing this information to allow future customers to be more educated and informed while making (or planning) decisions to purchase these upcoming devices.
Will LG be putting forward and sharing with the public their plans on Android support and upgrade?

Thank you for taking the time to clarify some of these questions.

Regards,

Puleen Patel
Puleen Patel About