View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
cafric
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Got this solved by myself.

Here is how I did,

Downloaded aRoot, modified the unroot.bat executed it and made a factory reset of the phone (which was not working previously). And GFE installed without issue.

For info here is the modified part of unroot I used (to replace what code is after the mount command :

(note that I added also rename of the droid.ogg to avoid the horrible noise when starting the phone, it remained silent even after factory reset)

Code:
ECHO Unrooting your device ...
adb.exe shell rm /system/bin/su 
ECHO.
ECHO Removing Superuser app ...
adb.exe uninstall com.noshufou.android.su 
adb.exe shell rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
adb.exe shell mv /system/media/droid.ogg /system/media/droid.bak
adb.exe shell rm /data/local/tmp/psneuter
ECHO.
ECHO Cleaning up onclickroot mess ...
adb.exe shell "find /system/xbin -type l | xargs rm" 
adb.exe shell rm /system/xbin/busybox 
ECHO.
ECHO Rebooting ...
adb.exe reboot
cafric is offline  
Last edited by cafric; May 27th, 2011 at 05:38 AM.
Reply With Quote