View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2011, 01:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
rebongahasa

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsnake555 View Post
Hello,

I'm new with my Xperia X8 and all the Android world. I bought it used to another person, 3 weeks ago. The issue is this: I can't set up gmail account. When I go to "Setup guide" to set up gmail account, I hit the "set up" option and I get nothing on the screen. Is like not pressing the set up option at all. When I go to Market app, screen goes white as well, and no access to it. That means I can't download Android Market apps, and can't install any theme, which is what I'm trying to do. The previous owner was able to do it, because there was a few "market apps" and "no market apps" install on the phone. So, here are the steps I already completed to solve the problem. First, I reset the phone to its original settings (meaning I lost some cool apps). I tried to install xrecovery to make a back up but got stuck in the process because I couldn't download a market app that was needed. Also, I changed the gmail password to set up the gmail account but it was useless. I have read a lot of threads but I can find he solution. Besides all this, my Xperia X8 works perfectly. I'll really appreciate help.

Thanks.
try to repair it using Sony Ericsson Update Servie.. or via PC Companion,