View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
The_Chief
Accept no imitations!

Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 6,921 Times in 3,277 Posts

Hey folks, my VegaN is starting to get really borky and everything is FCing all over the place. Short of a complete data wipe, any ideas? Maybe wipe Dalvik in Recovery?

And if THAT doesn't work, there is a stable release of CM7 that I want to install but xda warns to ONLY use CWMod .8 doing it. I have an earlier version of CWMod. Can I just flash the new CWMod update.zip in the old recovery and it will reflash it? How does THAT work? If not, how to I get from Point A to Point B here?

EDIT: NVM, stupid me booted into recovery and I AM running bekit's CWMod 0.8. I'm such a friggin' genius sometimes LOL BUT... the Dalvik wipe didn't work. Everything still FCs so I guess the next step is a complete data wipe and start from scratch on VegaN, unless you guys can think if something else that could be causing this...

Thanks!

EDIT AGAIN: Yep, it took a data wipe/factory reset to set all things right. Sadly, even though I logged into the Tablet's gmail account, none of the apps reinstalled... no big deal, just an inconvenience. So all is well with the daughter's tablet again. For now

If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
Last edited by The_Chief; May 29th, 2011 at 07:06 PM.