View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2011, 04:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
liquidtopaz3
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Some help please? Very simple

Hi, I live in Melbourne, Australia, and I just bought a Huawei U8230 this afternoon and have had a couple of issues with it. My questions I'm thinking are probably quite simple, but I don't have the time too google them properly or look through the forums for similar questions. So they are:
1. The phone looks like it keeps turning off (as in the screen goes off). I know it isn't fully off as I haven't done the press on button > menu > turn off, but shouldn't the phone reactivate with just a touch of the screen or press of a button? I don't like having to press the power button constantly, I'm worried it will wear out/jam quickly.
2. I had $18.99 of pre-paid Telstra credit today. When I first got this new phone working, I went on the internet to check if it would work. I logged onto Facebook, found that yes, it was working, so then I quit it. But then I kept getting text messages saying my credit was under $4.99, then under $1.00 and now I have no credit left at all. I looked at my History and re-confirmed with a Telstra consultant, who said that the system indicated I was still on the internet on my phone, and had been for about 23 minutes, hence why I'd been charged over $16. This is ridiculous as I'd quit the internet so I wouldn't be charged.
So I'm wondering even though I seem to have quit it, why was it still running? How can I avoid this situation again?

Sorry if these are stupid questions. Thanks for taking the time to read them.