Thread: General WonderMedia WM8650
View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2011, 12:06 PM   #32 (permalink)
ndh777
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Sprint:Samsung Galaxy SIII-retired; HTC Evo 4G-retired; Samsung Moment-retired
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdmac View Post
ndh, sounds like you got a lemon. My seller was very upfront and listed the screen as:
7" TFT LCD Resistance touch screen
Not Retina touch screen,so don't compare with iPad

You mention buttons not working, I only have the one iPad like physical button, plus the power button. All the screen buttons carry the same TFT limitations but work for me. It also sounds like your ROM is original, if you can find a replacement ROM for your unit on the TechKnow web site (linked above) then you would absolutley get rid of any Chinese characters. Those are part of the installed ROM. Turning WiFi on and off is easy on my tablet, I gave myself an icon for it. Having it drop randomly is an indication you don't have the right driver for yours, again an issue with your ROM. The market I discovered will only show items compatible with the device. So some items may be missing. One really sweet feature I discovered is you can browse the market on a PC at https://market.android.com. Log in with the same GMail as on the tablet. You can then select to install items to the tablet and they will automatically push down to the tablet as long as the WiFi is turned on. You mention your model has 3G so that also confirms you have a different model than me.

Wow....thank you. You gave me some hope in this thing. As the guy above me mentioned, is honeycomb possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrit_009 View Post
thanks mark,
i tried again with gamefront link (WM8650_1.3.0_HoneyCombMOD_20110510-HcH.7z) it worked.... but i cant figure out what was the problem

i was think can we upgrade it to android latest version honeycomb version.

one morething i didnt got the manual with it just i wanna know can we make calls?? i cant find any sim card slot on the device...
You can make calls via an app for VOIP and you'll need a headset with a microphone and obviously a data connection.