Thread: General WonderMedia WM8650
View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2011, 01:07 AM   #34 (permalink)
ndh777
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Sprint:Samsung Galaxy SIII-retired; HTC Evo 4G-retired; Samsung Moment-retired
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrit_009 View Post
@ ndh
i knw that i can use voip such as skype, nimbuzz, etc.... actually i mean to say how can i make call using 3g network service provider such as vodafone.....

i think u cant u a headset with mic coz its 3.5mm port doesnt support and it doesnt hav any specific port for mic we hav to use internal mic....
Actually you can. When I had my iPod Touch, I had a standard headphone jack much like the one on our tablets. I got a headphone with a built in microphone from one of my older phones and I was able to make calls, receive, listen, and talk through the headset and my iPod through VOIP. I forgot there was a built in microphone though so you might be able to do it without this headset.

As for 3G, I heard that all you do is take your device into your desired carrier or call them and have it activated somehow. Explain that you have a tablet you bought and want to activate it with their service and they'll ask you questions such as serial numbers, model number, etc.

I read somewhere on the net about hacking the tablet and receiving free 3G service from all over. If you do a quick Google search, it might come up.