Thread: Support Unable to Scan for Networks
View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:13 AM   #37 (permalink)
240phil

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismospec View Post

would this be considered a hardware issue that may aid me in haggling sprint for a new phone?
Yes, It has become a very common problem. Many times, the Sprint tech will "fix it" and within a day or two, it will not work again, and then the phone will be replaced.
So if you don't want to root it or get too "technical" with it, then I'd just start the haggle with Sprint to get a new phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinione View Post
Step 1: Install Ghost Commander file manager program (available via Marketplace) OR if you cannotr connect to internet as you do this via WiFi (like I do, read the NOTE below)
I could be wrong, but I thought ghost commander required root access to be able to work?
The general talk on the forums is that This is very similar to what the Sprint tech does when you take the phone in (using a sprint program, not a market app) but for many, it is a temporary fix. Whatever cause that file to become corrupted in the first place is still an issue. So ultimately, most people end up getting their phone replaced.
If it works for you and has continued to work, then awesome. If not, then hit up sprint.