View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2011, 12:50 PM   #66 (permalink)
steve92106

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default EVO Motorcycle mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
I would really like to talk to you about your set up, I have a Zumo 550, Scala G4 headset and Evo 4G and can not get them to work.
I am having the same problem with my Cardo Scala Rider G4. I can take incoming calls on my HTC EVO but the google voice feature is completely useless for dialing out and the EVO won't accept voice commands for navigation at all. In my truck, using a Sprint supplied windshield mount in Car Mode, it works absolutely beautifully, dialing, navigating, sending email and texts and searching the web. I can't imagine a more usefull tool for auto travel but on my bike, the unit goes stupid and I can't get Cardo to even acknowledge it's their problem.

If you can believe this, Cardo's support person emailed me yesterday that I should take this up with HTC since compatibility with all the various devices out there wasn't their problem!

Also wonder how I can get my EVO to go into Car Mode with the waterproof handlebar mount I've been using, powered from a 12V outlet on the dash of my Buell Ulysses. Right now the display times out and the screen goes black requiring me to take my left hand off the grip and drag off the lock bar.