View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2011, 04:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
flukeSG2
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero, HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 3D, Motorola XOOM WiFi
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMM View Post
It's going to take a while. My laptop with a Core i7 Quad Core, GeForce GTS360M 1GB RAM Video Card Overclocked, 6GB DDR3 RAM is barely enough to run full speed on most games... and that is after years of Dolphin code optimization. I still get some minor slowdowns during intense portions of some games.

The amount of power alone that it takes to power this thing drains a 6 cell battery in 30 minutes! There's so much heat it's like I have a blow dryer on my lap.

There is no doubt that the phone processor will be much more power efficient and the screen will suck less power but I still think we are a long way off from having enough power in a mobile phone.
My Asus G51Vt laptop with a 2.4ghz core 2 duo and a nvidia 9800gs runs dolphin games at a constant 45fps without a problem at full 1080p resolutions. I also use it regularly on my G71G which also plays it at a constant 60fps, thats with a 2.53ghz core 2 duo and 2gb more ram than the G51Vt.

If you are having slow downs, you probably aren't optimizing it for your setup. There should be a link on their website for optimizations.

Also, I guess I should specify this a little better, I'm not exactly picturing Dolphin running on a mobile phone, I'm leaning more to the tablet sector that is blowing up right now.
Last edited by flukeSG2; June 3rd, 2011 at 04:34 AM.