View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2011, 07:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
olbriar's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Oz
Posts: 13,402
Device(s): HTC M8 Retired Rezound Retired Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 4,540
Thanked 5,024 Times in 2,989 Posts

You should have in your possession a title to your truck. It should show no liens on the property. On the back of it there should be a spot to relinquish your ownership to the purchaser. That is what should be witnessed by a notary. At least that is how it goes down in Kansas. You can even do something similar with a bill of sale.. hand written or something more formal. Your buyer has to prove he owns the truck to get insurance as well as property tax and tags and whatever. This is in the form of the title which you should have now.. saying that you own the truck you are selling. It is witnessed as you sign ownership over to your buyer. That he needs. Your need is that your payment is secure. That the bank should be able to do for you. That is why going to his bank is best. His money is there.. until he gives it to you.
olbriar is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to olbriar For This Useful Post:
lordofthereef (June 3rd, 2011)