View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #115 (permalink)
grantd01

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon194 View Post
Someone posting on android tablets has already dismantled an FT3 and posted some pics. Here is the link: Pix of Inside my dead Flytouch 3

You can see on the first pic that the 2nd SD slot is definitely not present and it has an ARM11 processor (Infotmic X220). Also it highlights (pic 3) how easy it is to upgrade the internal memory because it's only a micro SD card.
You say you "fried" your tablet using an aftermarket 5V-2A charger. A similar event may have happened to me except it was the DC supply sent w/tablet from ebay seller. Initially the unit seemed to charge (1min or so?) then LED light went out. I checked DC transformer with meter and it was dead. I was able to initially reset unit to turn on via; back button+menu+power, but it just said to go to charger and turned itself off. Subsequently I opened unit, mechanically tightened DC plug inlet and checked out SD card. The SD card (4G) had only about 200mb physical size via "properties" when checked on PC through USB adapter. How can I know if board is fried and not worth messing with? It will start up vibrator and light screen/LED for a few seconds then turn off. I've put all new firmware that I know of on the internal SD(a new one). Help?!!
dg