View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #67 (permalink)
Kaneto

Device(s): HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve92106 View Post
I am having the same problem with my Cardo Scala Rider G4. I can take incoming calls on my HTC EVO but the google voice feature is completely useless for dialing out and the EVO won't accept voice commands for navigation at all. In my truck, using a Sprint supplied windshield mount in Car Mode, it works absolutely beautifully, dialing, navigating, sending email and texts and searching the web. I can't imagine a more usefull tool for auto travel but on my bike, the unit goes stupid and I can't get Cardo to even acknowledge it's their problem.
I've experienced the same issues. I'm also using the Scala Rider G4 with my EVO, and voice prompts are all but worthless. I've got a Shoei Qwest, which is a pretty quiet helmet too. I think that the mics on the Cardo units simply aren't sensitive enough for the command to be understood. The units work great once you're talking, either over the phone or in intercom mode. I think the focus on reducing background noise resulted in the mics just not working well for voice commands.