View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
lukeknep
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Epic crashes ALL the time

My Samsung Epic 4G crashes all the time: it starts vibrating a weird pattern (always "bz, pause, bz-bz"), turns the keyboard and button lights on, turns the screen off, and stops responding. The only thing I can do is take the battery out and restart the phone.

I've had three different Epics and all do this often (the replacement I just got yesterday has done it three times today). I thought it might be something wrong with the apps, so I only downloaded a few apps on my new Epic (seven total, the only ones in common with my old phone are Twitter, Yahoo! Mail, and Brightness Level widget) but it still does it. Maybe one of those apps has a memory leak? Or maybe it's just crappy coding on the part of the Samsung developers.

Does anybody know why it does this? Any idea what I can do to fix this? I've searched all over but can't find anybody with the same problem.

Other weird things my Epic does since the 2.2 update:
- App icons appear out of order on the app screen (newly downloaded apps go to the last page instead of appearing in alphabetical order)
- On-screen keyboard randomly doesn't go down (usually when in the Browser), pressing back button goes back but doesn't close keyboard (only way to close it is to click on a text field and then press 'back')
- Going to the Messages app will sometimes bring up other apps that I had open instead of bringing up the Messages app

If I hard reset, will it go back to the 2.1 version?

Thanks guys.