View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2011, 01:36 AM   #46 (permalink)
ambientdroid

Device(s): Toshiba Regza T-01C (Docomo Network)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViberMedia View Post
@ambientdroid - could you explain your suggestion with contact apps? Do you have other apps (such as WhatsApp, for example) that do integrate with contact apps? How?

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.contapps.android&feature=search_res ult

Basically it would be really handy to be able to see from within the contact page of which ever address book app you have, whether that contact also has Viber available. Then an option to call them using it.

The idea of contapps is that it as 'tapps' for each contact. Like facebook, twitter, google maps, google search, foursquare etc. They're kinda on pages within each contact.

But what I'd like to see is on the actual contact info page a marker indicating they have viber that you press to call. Much like how they have two icons now, one to call and one to text.

FYI, I sent a 'tapps suggestion' to the Devs, they responded with this email:

Quote:
As you probably figured - we are debating among the development team which VoIP / Messaging service should be implemented first.

There are some obvious candidate, the ,most obvious is Skype since they have the largest number of users (so it'll be relevant to more of our users).
However, services like Viber are definitely picking up (some of us are in the Viber's beta as well) and we're seriously considering it, we're researching it a bit which means that it'll take some time, but we're definitely planing to integrate such services.

Thanks again for your great suggesting, I hope you like the latest update we've released yesterday... we're already working hard on the next one

Cheers from the Contapps team,
Lior
www.contapps.com
You're invited to join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

Might be worth getting in touch eh?