View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2011, 08:14 AM   #20 (permalink)
pastafarian
Pātes avec votre foie

Device(s): LG G3 (Me), Samsung GS5 (Wife) Evo4G LTE (Son1), Nexus 7, Nook Tablet All rooted?
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 4,550 Times in 2,020 Posts
pastafarianaf@gmail.com

Till the rip it from my cold dead fingers? While I'm typing this, I'm flashing my wife's Epic to stock so we can take it in to be looked at and probably swapped again. This one has developed some sort of memory error that's causing it to lag and lock up randomly, similar to what Epic #1 did out of the box. Maybe it's just our bad luck, but every Samsung Android phone we've owned or used (Moment, Epic, Intercept) has had gps issues, memory issues and been a pita to get to sync with certain cables/usb ports. Add in painfully slow updates for each phone and you'll understand why I'm so down on Samsung. My wife's Epic experience (this will be the 3rd phone) is bad enough that instead of taking the next upgrade we're due in a month, she suggested that I take it and she take my rock solid Evo. I'm disappointed in the Evo 3D's gimmicky interface and don't know if I want to give up my 4G for one, I certainly won't be moving to another Samsung phone anytime soon regardless of spec. The Evo may be older, but it still outclasses the newer Epic by a mile IMHO and makes me smile every time I use it. Best toy ever.

Did you forget to kiss a Mod today?