View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2011, 11:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
mike1000
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks for your replies.

This is actually driving me crazy, and whilst the advice regarding a factory reset is good and obvious advice, I'm loath to do it because I would then lose everything i've worked so god damned hard to incorporate on my phone.

To give you an idea of the lengths i've been to i actually reinstalled Windows 7 fresh and installed the driver from HTC and it connected....for about 3 mins. It then vansihed and i'm back to square one, and the elusive driver is nowhere to be found, although the HTC uninstall device is easily located.

I know the cable from phone to laptop works because the phone charges, and i know the driver will work once installed because it did actually work for the three mins i mentioned, when i did actually manage to transfer a test video from computer to phone with no issues.

The other interesting thing is this: When I tried to bypass HTC and install PDANET the set up screen gets to 'installing driver' and just sits there and does nothing, I actually left it for two hours and it didn't move from the 'installing drivers' message.

With that evidence, I beleive this is an issue with Windows 7 either allowing the drivers or accepting the drivers.

The other thing that occured to me was: Could I get over this problem by enabling my computer with a bluetooth dongle and simply transfering files that way? I was wondering if bluetooth connection and cable connection were one and the same thing, albeit over a different platform.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by mike1000; June 22nd, 2011 at 12:47 PM.