Thread: General Flytouch 3 - Android 2.2
View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2011, 11:26 PM   #330 (permalink)
kenewto

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart16 View Post
I do agree with most of what you say.

I guess everybody that writes on these forums complaining that they have been 'duped' or 'conned' are Westerners and they are applying Western values to the advertising they have seen about their purchases.

China has no 'Trading Standards Agency' or 'copyright' protection, so they can name their products whatever they like in order to sell them.

Under their laws they don't need to (and indeed never will) call their Flytouch III something different to the next sellers Flytouch III, but we, as consumers, need to understand their practices if we want to ensure what we are buying is exactly what we want to buy.

My advice to a would be purchaser is before you part with your money ascertain the following -

Ensure it is a DISCO or DISCO10 model
Ensure it has a 5 volt charger
Ensure it has just one external tf slot
Make sure you know the capacity of the battery
Make sure you know the capacity of the internal tf card

the box it comes in and what they have printed on them is irrelevant.

Providing the item matches your expectations when it arrives you should not be disappointed as it will accept Tims firmware and there is plenty of support about should you have a problem.
I couldn't agree more. Personally I have a theory that most of these are made in the same factories. Only the marketing and packaging changes. I'm tempted to get a dozen of these good products and sell them for less than the Ibex. With my marketing skills, I'd probably end up with a dozen spares.