View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2011, 07:59 AM   #25 (permalink)
NeoteriX

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinatl View Post
Sorry if this question has already been asked. But I have an app on my 4G that I would like to put on my 3VO. For all of my other apps, I re-downloaded them from the Market. However, I can't find this app on the market anymore (tried the app share feature and the link didn't work). So is there a way to find it on my phone and copy it over to the 3VO? Even though the app doesn't appear to be on the market anymore, it still works fine on my 4G.
I know for a fact that the SystemPanel app: https://market.android.com/details?id=nextapp.systempanel.r1&hl=en

can do this (it has an app installer/archive function and basically produces an *.apk that can be transferred to your other device), and I believe Resco File Explorer has a similar app backup function but I can't be sure of this.

If you want to also save the app data (like high scores or save games) and they are within the app, you'll have to have your 4G rooted and wait for a permanent root solution for the Evo 3D and then use something like Titanium backup.