Thread: Support White WIFI Signal?
View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #25 (permalink)
rscarawa

Device(s): Nexus S
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis92gsr View Post
I believe "keep alive" settings are generally going to be available on higher end routers. Your everyday linksys firmware probably wont allow you access to this type of option because is not necessary to the average user. I would also assume that the power saving features that turn off the radio when idle would be built into the kernel directly and would not have an option to modify it either. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Also, this is a Google Dev phone, they are gonna test all sorts of shit on it. I wouldn't say anything about our phone is a defect, just a working progress. You have to expect a buggy phone to an extent, like my phone reading everyone's RFID cards while i'm in public, have to keep that thing turned off for now.
I am used to seeing keep alive settings on things such as SSH clients which hold the session open during periods of inactivity. I think these disconnected sessions is the reason for my weather widget not refreshing itself when it should.

Are OS patches available thru google mkt place or is there another way we get them? I have not see a single os update since I got my phone a month ago. I figured something had to be out there was fixed by google.