Originally Posted by PyroSporker
Interesting findings (referring to first post before thread merge). I'm still in the process of digesting all your info but I wonder if PC USB port charging would be any different than wall charging in this situation?
USB charging will put out about the same voltage, 5 Volts or 5.2, somewhere in there... so your phone (if it has a voltage issue) will still peak at higher Voltages... but since the amperage (capacity) of the battery is being filled more slowly due to the lower amperage charge rate of the USB, the battery won't likely get AS hot, but the voltage is still doing it's damage.... creating heat and shoving too much "power" through a system and battery designed to hold a peak of 4.2 Volts. Personally, I've changed my charging habits. I plug it in, and once it's full or as full as it can get in a couple of hours, I get the phone OFF the Voltage. No overnight charging for me anymore. Slower charging is usually always a good thing for a battery... gives it a longer life, and conditions the battery. But when the phone can't control how many volts it's giving the battery, or stop once charged.... I just don't know.